Mission: To significantly improve the safety and well being of the people we advise and train

T: 01543 268 694

27th January 2017 2016 Highlights

We would just like to wish all our customers a happy new year and reflect on the highlights of 2016. This has proved to be another successful year for Stand2.

In May 2016 we expanded the training we are providing for Staffordshire and West Midlands Community Rehabilitation Centre (SWM CRC) to encompass the Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Rutland (DLNR CRC) areas of operations. The training for both organisations has been extremely well received, with one long standing delegate reporting that it was the best training course she had ever attended.

In June we begain training for the Defence Medical Services (DMS). The DMS is responsible for the medical and dental personnel from all 3 services. Although particularly large class sizes provide and interesting challenge, training has been a great success which is in no small part down to the enthusiasm and self-discipline of the students; a reflection of the professionalism of our armed forces.

We have also been delivering training to the student paramedics at Worcester University for a number of years. This year we began delivering the training to the Adult and Mental Health nursing cohorts to all healthcare disciplines throughout the university.

In July we began work for Dudley Care Commissioning Group (CCG) which is responsible for buying local healthcare services for the Dudley Borough of Birmingham. Stand2 developed a bespoke half day practical skills and half day e-learning programme, to suit the needs of the group. This was a departure from our usual one day induction and half day refresher format, but it has proven highly successful. The trust reported that on the delegate feedback 93% of all the criteria rated the training as ‘very good’ (which was the highest scoring possible). Whilst the remaining 7% was ‘good’.

Later in the year we developed and delivered a bespoke programme for call handlers for the newly created NHS prescription Ordering Direct (NHS POD) for dealing with difficult callers. This then further developed at the request of London Ambulance Service who were themselves looking for a similar programme for their call handlers to minimise the stress caused by difficult and abusive callers. Three pilot programmes were delivered in November and December and they again proved very popular with delegates. The plan moving into the new year is to deliver this programme to all 350 LAS control room staff.

The final highlight of the year is the refresher training for all West Midlands Ambulance Service operational and Patient Transport Services (PTS) staff. This is going well and will continue into the new year together with the refresher training for the North West Ambulance Service PTS staff.